In April, I finally gave in to Ryley's request to cut her hair. This is something she had been talking about for several months. At first, I really didn't want her to cut her beautiful hair - I just wasn't ready for that! Also, I didn't know if she completely understood how permanent this would be. It's not like if she decided she didn't like her new, shorter hair in a week we could get her old her back, you know? But, after she continued to ask about it over and over, I finally relented. Once we saw how much hair she had, we decided to find out what the minimum length was for donating to Locks of Love. Ryley really liked that idea of giving her hair to someone else who needed it. As it turned out, she had plenty of hair to donate and ended up with a cute little bob. I have to admit, the process was rather scary (and kind of sad) for this mommy! But, I also have to admit, her new hairdo is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
So, here are the pictures of the before, during and after of Ryley's MAJOR haircut....
Michael starts of by trimming her bangs - this part's not so bad...
Then, it got a bit more serious - putting her hair into a ponytail and measuring the amount we'd need to cut to send into Locks of Love. By the way, 10 inches of hair is A LOT!
And here goes - no turning back now!
Here's the first look of her sassy new style!
And here's a better shot after we had a chance to brush it and "fix" it a little! What a grown-up little lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment