Background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ahhh....Summer!!!!

It seems weird to me to be so excited about "summer break" since Ryley's not in real school yet, but I am loving it, now that our activities are behind us.  The only thing we have going is a once a week swimming lesson right now - yay!  Don't get me wrong - I love all the activities and the "busyness" that I choose for my life, but it's nice to recharge the batteries every once and awhile, too. 

This past weekend was the first one in a long time that we were home and did not have something scheduled practically every minute.  We were able to go with the flow and decide what to do when we wanted to - and for this planner, that's a HUGE deal!  It was so nice to balance some fun stuff - going out to eat, going to the pool - with the not so fun stuff - grocery shopping, cleaning house - because it set me up to be much more relaxed heading into Monday morning, and so far that's carrying into the rest of the week. 

Since I'm finally feeling like it's summer, I started thinking about all the things I love about summer break, and here's my top 10 list:

1.  Morning traffic is non-existent.  When school's in, you can barely get out of the neighborhood, since my house is within blocks of the elementary, intermediate and middle schools.
2.  Yummy fruit - SOOO good!
3.  Longer days - there's nothing more depressing than heading to work when the sun's just barely coming up and arriving home right before it sets.
4.  Homemade ice cream! Still trying to perfect a lighter recipe, but it's still early in the season.
5.  Cooking out on the grill - so many good things to eat!
6.  Having nights to just play games with Ryley - last night it was Toy Story dominoes - so fun!
7.  Summer holidays - still trying to pick my favorite of the three.
8.  Swimming - to keep cool!
9.  It's golf season!  Haven't played much this year, but hopefully that will change.
10. Having time to read - I always read when we go on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment