Background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Blog is Born!

So for months (maybe even a year or more!) I've been thinking that I really wanted to start a blog. I've long admired several of my friends' blogs and feel like I've sat on the sidelines long enough! Now that summer's here and some of our activities have slowed down a bit, I've decided to take the plunge and try this blogging thing out.

I have to admit that while I want to blog to help us share our happenings with relatives and friends who don't live near us, I do have another, more selfish motive for starting this project. I often find myself thinking that I need to write down something cute or funny that Ryley has done or said, or maybe a quote or saying that someone has shared with me, and I've never quite figured out how to keep track of that stuff. Or maybe something has happened that's not quite scrapbook worthy, but it's something I want to remember. So I'm thinking this blog will be the place for all of that - the ordinary, the extraordinary and all that stuff that's somewhere in between. I can't wait to really get started - but I think I've drained all my available brain cells tonight racking my brain and driving my husband crazy trying to come up with a title for this thing!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Yes that is exactly what I use our blog for , a sort of journaling. Although I am not consistent with keeping up with it .

    Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tessa! I love the name of your blog. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogger world! I will add you to my reader ASAP! Also, there are new companies who can format your blog down the road and make it into a book! Anyway, you might find that in a year or two, you have a TON of memories on this thing and will possibly want to print it for your coffee table! Is that a great idea or what? Sadly, I didn't come up with it. ;)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete