You'll have to bear with me - I'm still catching up on last week's events. But this one struck me as too funny not to share! In fact, this is exactly the type of thing I was thinking of when I started this blog - something that's not quite scrapbook-worthy, but that I definitely want to document and remember.
Anyway, this story was related to me by my mom (aka Granna) last week. Ryan, Ryley and I had just returned from Colorado on Tuesday evening, and Ryan and I were still off work on Wednesday to recover from the long drive and to have some time to go out and celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary. Ryley stayed with Granna for a few hours while we went to lunch and a movie. So here's where the story begins, as Granna tells it:
"Ryley and I were driving along in the car, when she asked me out of the blue, 'Granna, will these grow?' I was driving and didn't even look back there. 'What are you talking about?' I asked her. Then I decided I'd better take a look to see what she was doing in the back seat. To my shock, there she sat with the neck of her t-shirt pulled down nearly to her waist, and she had her hand on her chest, leaving no doubt what she as talking about. Then she asked me again, 'Will they grow like Mommy's?' Honestly, when I realized what was going on, I had to fight not to let her see me laughing (at her), since she was so serious. I also had to keep both hands on the wheel, as I was driving and didn't want to have a wreck!"
I guess this is the first of the many tough questions to come. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment