We definitely had a good time this 4th of July. And it was even more memorable because we actually didn't have plans until the last minute (I know - this is probably unbelievable to anyone who has met me!) But really - we did not have definite plans for the 4th until Sunday! So, we ended up going over to our friends David and Leigh Ann's house for a cookout. Of course there was lots of yummy food, time to visit for the adults and time to play for the kids. A little before dark, we all headed to some other friends' house to shoot fireworks (they live in an area where you can do this). This little trip is where my pictures for the evening begin.
I guess I need to back up a bit to set up this little story. David and Leigh Ann have a son named Laken who is a few months older than Ryley. Ryley and Laken have always been friends and are just so sweet to each other. Ryley's even said she wants to marry Laken, but I think he has other plans.... Anyway, Laken wanted to ride with us when we all left his house. So, he and Ryley are standing next to the car waiting for me to unlock it. He asks me to please unlock the door because he needs to open the door for her! So cute! I just hope when she's old enough to date she finds a guy who treats her this good. Here's a pic of them in the car.
Once we got there, the dads started lighting some of the smaller fireworks, like smoke bombs. As you can see, Ryley wasn't very into it right at first. Notice how fast she's running and how terrified she looks.
Ryan and David finally convinced her to pick out her own smoke bomb. She was a little more willing to participate when she found a pretty purple one.
And here is Ryan getting her to actually watch her smoke bomb and not run away from it. Progress!
Once the sun went down, people all around us were shooting bigger fireworks, and those were the ones Ryley really liked. Now she's starting to really have fun!
Once she saw everyone else with the big sparklers, she decided it would be fun to have one of her own.
Of course, Ryan and I had to get in on the fun, too! I just love how Ryan caught this pic of Ryley and me with the fireworks in the background.
This next picture is a little blurry - I'm so bummed about that! I didn't realize the camera was on the manual setting and forgot to focus it. But, I had to include it because it's just so cute of Ryley and Laken.
Here's a much better picture of these two enjoying the fireworks.
Ryley ended up calling it a night before the "grand finale" to the fireworks show. Here's a pic of what she missed.
By the end of the night, we were all worn out from having so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment