Background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm a Runner!

This year, one of the things I have resolved to do is to complete a half marathon.  That's 13.1 miles.  That's about how far it is from downtown Fort Worth to Heritage Trace Parkway.  Basically, it's a long way!  And my plan is to complete this feat in late February as part of the Cowtown Marathon.

To date, the longest distance I have run is a 15K (that's 9.3 miles), and it wasn't all that bad.  I'm hopeful that by the end of February I'll have trained enough and will be well prepared to complete my goal.  It's funny to me the changes I've noticed in myself since I've started working on this goal. 

I actually look forward to running, and most of the time I enjoy it!  What's even stranger is that 3 or 4 miles is starting to feel like a "warm-up" now, and it wasn't that long ago that I struggled to finish a run of that length.  I even plan my schedule around running these days.  It's funny for me to think this, much less post it for all the world to see but I think I'm officially a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment