I have to share a couple of things Ryley said today because, at least to Ryan and I, they were absolutely hilarious.
This afternoon, we decided to go watch the TCU Women's Basketball game because Ryley's game got canceled and we really didn't have any other plans. At one point during the game, the opposing team scored a questionable basket when the ball looked like it hit the scoreboard. Ryan mentioned this and Ryley's response was, "But, Daddy, the backboard is your friend!" in a very matter-of-fact manner. This may not sound terribly funny, if you don't know the background of where she got it. One of the assistant coaches on our basketball team has really been stressing how to use the backboard when shooting - apparently Ryley's been listening!
So later on tonight, I was trying to get dinner together - a yummy beef stew. I knew Ryley wouldn't be interested in eating it, so I was trying to find out what she might like to eat tonight. We settled on either Ravioli or Beefaroni (yes, I'm mom of the year - but hey, we don't do that kind of stuff all that often!). She chose the ravioli. I think she must have moved the can I was supposed to be opening for her because I ended up opening the wrong can. I had a feeling I might be getting ready to fight a big battle because she wanted the Ravioli and I had opened the Beefaroni, but to my complete surprise, she took it in stride. When I told her about opening the wrong can, she responded with, "That's okay, Mommy - I forgive you." I guess she's been listening in Sunday school, too. Sometimes this kid just amazes me!
No comments:
Post a Comment