Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

La Vida Loca

All right - I've had great intentions of posting, but my crazy life has just not allowed that lately. I feel like I owe the one or two people who may actually read this thing an update, and I also feel like I just need to document this stuff for myself to look back on someday, so here goes. 

As mentioned previously, we have a contract on our house.  At this point we're set to close on March 15 - exactly ONE WEEK from today!  About a day after I wrote the last post, we did find a house to buy.  So, no new build for us, no temporary housing - hallelujah!  We're set to close on the purchase on the same day as our sale - I better get my pen ready and start training my writing hand for the signing marathon.  Late last week, we hit a snag with our sale (the appraisal on our house came in too low), and it looked like, worst case, we would basically have to start the process over and find another house to by.  Thankfully, we were able to work everything out and it looks like everything is right on track.  I can't believe we'll be moving next week!

So, now that the sale and buy are a go, it's time to pack.  Who knew how much stuff we had in our house?!?  It's truly amazing to me!  Thank goodness we'll have more room to spread out at the new place.

I also owe an update on running, for anyone who's interested.  Ryan and I did complete the Cowtown Half Marathon on February 27.  I'm so proud of both of us.  Ryan had an amazing time - like an hour and 48 minutes!  And mine wasn't too shabby either, especially for a newbie - 2 hours, 1 minute and 41 seconds!  I told myself I'd be happy with anything under a 10 minute mile average pace, and my pace was 9:18 - woo hoo!

Before we ran Cowtown on that Sunday, I had the brilliant idea of signing us up for a 10K on the following Saturday, for, you know, just a nice leisurely workout with a few hundred of our closest friends!  Well, Saturday morning came, and we were both less than enthusiastic about dragging our rears out of bed to go run.  Especially since a cold front had blown in over night and the wind was whipping.  But, we got ourselves up and ready and drove to the race.  Once we got there and Ryan saw that this truly was as small of a race as I was telling him it was (just a few hundred people), Ryan The Competitor showed up.  Oh, yes, he's had a goal of placing in his age group in a race, and he decided this would be the one!  Well, he did amazing with a 10K time of 45:40, which means he maintained a pace of under 8 minutes for the whole way.  And he got the second place medal, too!  I did pretty good, too - not a PR or anything, but any time I can do a race at a pace below 9 minute miles I'm pretty happy. 

So, that's our update.  We've been running, packing, negotiating house contracts, and remembering all the things you have to do to move.  I know it will all be worth it, but for now I'm living la vida loca!

No comments:

Post a Comment