Today marks 10 years of marriage for Ryan and I. Wow - that's whole decade. A really long time, at least to me! But the funny thing is, it just doesn't feel like that much time has passed. I mean think about it - we only spend 12 years going from first grade all the way through high school. It really just blows my mind! Anyway, I started putting picture frames back together last weekend so we could get some things back up on the walls here at the new house, and I found one of my favorites from our wedding. This is actually a snapshot that one of my best friends in the world, Lisa, took at the reception.
Looking at this picture takes me right back to that day!
And here we are now - or at least a couple of weeks ago. This is a picture that Ryley actually took of us on the bus at Disney World.
She's not a bad photographer for a 5 year old!
So how did we celebrate this momentous occasion you may ask... Well, the day of, Ryan surprised me with a beautiful flower arrangement at work. That was so fun! I really had no idea - when I saw that I had a missed call from our front-desk, I thought it had to be because someone had hit my car or something! Here's a picture!
Otherwise, we didn't really do anything to celebrate that day, other than have some yummy cupcakes and chocolate-dipped fruit, since it was a Thursday and we had all our regular work-week responsibilities to tend to after work - swim lessons, mowing the yard, etc. However, we did take Friday off for a quick getaway to the Marriott at Champion's Circle. It was just a one-night stay, but it was great. We got to play a round of golf at one of our favorite courses and hang by the pool during the day, and that evening tried a new-to-us restaurant in Roanoke that was absolutely great. If you are ever in Roanoke, TX and want to eat somewhere besides Babe's, check out The Classic Cafe. Delicious!! We spent a kid-free evening at the hotel and actually got to sleep in a little before going downstairs for a yummy breakfast. Of course, as soon as we checked out, it was immediately back to the grind - we headed straight to Costco! Yep, we know how to celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment