Background

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Baby Girl is Growing Up....

Before I get into what I really want to write about this post, I have to say that I did not meet all the goals I set in the last post.  However, I did meet one of them and I'm quite proud.  The moving announcements and Ryley's 5th birthday pictures have been mailed - hallelujah!  Now back to what I really wanted to write about today.

My baby girl is growing up.  There, I've said it.  Recently I've seen so many signs of this truth that it's a little overwhelming.  First, it was her stronger opinion about her clothes, shoes, accessories and her appearance in general.  Then came her interest in Justin Bieber music.  I never thought I'd say I miss listening to Laurie Berkner or The Wiggles every time I get in the car, but I do!  Next, she showed me two loose teeth, and late last week one of them came out!  But the biggest sign of her growing up has to be the start of kindergarten this morning. 

Yes, my baby girl is very much a big kid now.  I am so proud of the amazing little girl she has become, and I am so excited for her future, but I have to admit it's just a little bit sad, too.  I just can believe she's gone from this....


to this....

so very quickly!

I can only imagine what future milestones are going to feel like considering how these recent ones felt!  It's amazing how you can have such a wonderful mixture of happy, excited, proud, and bittersweet feelings all at the same time.

Now don't think I didn't take tons of pictures of the tooth and kindergarten milestones -  I definitely did!  So many, that I'm doing separate posts for each.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment