Background

Monday, February 13, 2012

The End is Here...

I have several more blog posts to catch up on, but I feel the need to jump in now with one that is actually about what's going on today, before I go back in time and finish talking about Ryan and Ryley's birthdays.  Today marks the end of my time off from work due to my injury and subsequent surgery.  I have such mixed feeling about this - I absolutely enjoyed every minute of my forced break, once I embraced the idea of slowing down and resting and recharging.  But, another part of me is excited to get back into a more normal routine because that means that hopefully I am a step closer to being 100% physically.

I have to say these last several weeks have been interesting for me - lots of tears of frustration have been shed and lots of laughs have been had in all the situations that arose that I never would have imagined.  There are few things more humbling (at least for me) than having to ask for help when doing something like showering.  And few things have given me a bigger laugh than my husband's first valiant attempts at doing my hair.  I have to say, though, that he can now operate a flat iron and put hair in a ponytail with the best of them!

So, tomorrow starts a new part of this journey I've been on so far in 2012.  Here's hoping it's a good day and another step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment