I usually kick the birthday party planning into high gear during the first week of January by getting the invitations out and working out party details. And this year was no different. Back in December, Ryley told me she would like a cooking party this year. When she turned 4 a couple of years ago, shr had her party at Young Chef's Academy. It was an adorable party and tons of fun, but the location is not exactly convenient for a lot of people on our guest list. So, back in December I checked into doing the party at the Central Market cooking school. After getting the pricing information and sleeping on it, I started to think that maybe a do-it-yourself at-home cooking party might be a better idea. So, that's what we decided to do.
I love all the little details of throwing a birthday party - particularly creating unique invitations and choosing a cake design. During the first week of January, I scoured the internet for cooking party invitation ideas. After lots of searching, I found an adorable apron invitation that would be perfect. During the work week, I went through all my scrapbook papers and settled on a color scheme, and used one of my lunch hours to by the rest of the supplies at Hobby Lobby. Then, on Thursday night (before my broken wrist on Saturday), I put together one invitation just to make sure it would work before I started the assembly line for the rest over the weekend. I also found instructions for making an apron cake to serve at the party - the details were starting to fall into place.
Well, fast forward to Saturday, January 7. As I've mentioned a time or two (or maybe 50), I broke my right wrist that morning. Once I really wrapped my brain around the implications of my injury, I started to really worry about Ryley's birthday party. It was too late to come up with a new plan - somehow we would have to stay the course and have the cooking party at home as we originally planned. But how? And the invitations....oh my.
I have to say I have an amazing husband who has truly gone above and beyond the call of duty in so many ways since I injured myself. A prime example is his work on the invitations for Ryley's party. I really thought we'd have to come up with a plan B of some sort - I completely did not expect him to put together what I had been planning, especially with my knowledge of how much of a pain in the you know what these were to make! But, he did it. And below is proof...
I love that football is on in the background!
And here's the finished product....
Didn't he do an amazing job?
No comments:
Post a Comment